Install Zimbra 8.7 on FreeBSD
This is a guide on setting up Zimbra 8.7 from source on FreeBSD 10.
: As of writing this guide ZCS 8.7 is still in beta and I will be pulling the latest code from Zimbra straight from the tap. Your mileage may vary.
Prepare the Environment¶
- Make sure the system is up to date and refresh the ports tree:
pkg update && pkg upgrade portsnap fetch extract
- Install a few dependencies:
pkg install git screen bash
- Create a zimbra group:
pw add group zimbra
- Create a zimbra user:
pw add user -n zimbra -m -s /usr/local/bin/bash -c "Zimbra"
Build the Zimbra from source:¶
- Since downloading the source code takes a long time depending on the internet connection used, using screen or tmux will help:
- Download the current release of Zimbra:
mkdir ~/git cd ~/git git clone -b judaspriest-foss https://git.zimbra.com/repos/zimbra-foss/.git
- NOTE: This took around 14GB of storage, so be forewarned.
- NOTE: Use
Dto detach the screen session.