Ignore Specific Packages During Update on Arch Linux
While performing upgrades on one of my Arch boxes, I found it rather annoying I couldn't exclude a single package (eagle) from the list while upgrading using yaourt, since I like using the --noconfirm option to automate the ugrades. Luckily pacman has the ability to ignore packages an groups during its upgrading process.
- Edit the pacman config file:
sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf
- Look for the line beginning with "
#IgnorePkg =". Uncomment it and add the name of the packages to ignore:
IgnorePkg = eagle
- Now update the packages:
PKGEXT=".pkg.tar" yaourt -Syua --noconfirm
Updated by Daniel Curtis almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Ignore Specfic Packages During Update on Arch Linux to Ignore Specific Packages During Update on Arch Linux
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Updated by Daniel Curtis over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed