Synchronize Android Calendar and Contacts With ownCloud
This is a guide on synchronizing contacts and calendars on Android with an ownCloud instance.
- Install DAVdroid from the Google Play Store or F-Droid.
Connect DAVdroid to ownCloud¶
- Open the DAVdroid app.
- When prompted to add a new account select Login with URL and user name and fill in the credentials accordingly:
- Tap on Create Account
- Once the account is created, tap on the account and select which contacts and calendars to sync.
Syncing only with ownCloud¶
- Open the default Calendar app, then tap the Menu button and Calendars to display.
- Once the Calendar list appears tap on Calendars to Sync and select which accounts to sync with. In my case, I use only ownCloud and deselect any google accounts.