Synchronizing ownCloud Folders on Android With FolderSync
This is a guide for setting up folder synchronization with an ownCloud instance using WebDAV with FolderSync lite on Android.
Setup the Software¶
- Begin by downloading FolderSync lite from the PlayStore and installing on the Android device.
- Get the WebDAV path from ownCloud, which can be found by logging into the ownCloud instance and clicking the option icon (usually a gear icon). Often it will look similar to https://cloud.example.com/remote.php/webdav/
- Now open the FolderSync app on the Android device and tap on Accounts and then Add Account.
- Select ownCloud
- Start by going back to the main FolderSync menu, then tap on File Manager
- Next create a folder called SyncFolder, this can be on the local storage or external SD card.
- Go back to the main FolderSync menu, and tap on Folderpairs
- Tap on Add Folderpair
- Enter a unique name: ownCloud
- Select the account created earlier: ownCloud
- Enter the remote path on the ownCloud instance, then tap Select Folder: SyncFolder
- Enter the local path to the folder created earlier: SyncFolder
- Select the sync type: Two-way
- Tap on Save when finished
NOTE: FolderSync is very robust in its configurability, such as scheduling and conflict management. So make sure to setup the extra options to suit your use case.
NOTE: FolderSync lite is free, however there is a paid version. If you like the software please support its development :)