Mail Server Not Getting Mail From External Server
I encountered an error while checking the mail servers capabilities. I noticed that mail coming into the external mail account that submail was supposed to be receiving from was still getting mail, yet submail was not receiving from the external mail server. This means
getmail is not working for some reason, so I check to see if the "lock" file was set at
/tmp/.getmail_lock and sure enough it was there, preventing
getmail from running. As soon as I removed the "lock" file, mail receiving capabilities were restored:
sudo rm -rf /tmp/.getmail_lock
I do not know why or how the "lock" file was stuck, I should keep an eye out in the logfiles to see if anything is causing this.