Creating a Windows Install USB Drive
Creating a Windows Install USB Drive¶When it comes to bootable USB creation, there are two tools:
- WinSetupFromUSB for Windows
- UNetBootin for everything else
- HP USB Disl Storage Format Tool
- Windows Installation Disc or ISO
Creating the USB Drive¶
Creation of the drive requires formatting to a suitable filesystem, copying the installation files to the USB drive and configure a bootloader on the USB drive.
1. Format the USB drive with the HP format tool¶
2. Open WinSetupFromUSB and select USB drive and the version of Windows to copy the installation files from the install disc or ISO image.¶
3. Click "GO"¶
Once done, safely eject the drive and try it on a computer.
Deploying the Windows install USB¶
Installing from USB is slightly different from CD. Most modern computers can boot from a USB drive, they just need to be told to do so.
Boot into the BIOS utility and set the computer to boot from USB¶
There are a number of different BIOS makers so how to get into the BIOS utility varies, but it is usually
F2. Google details about the BIOS shown at boot time for the proper procedure.