Automatically Move Sent Email to a Specific Folder in Outlook 2010
While sending invoices, sales orders and estimates from QuickBooks, I found that sent emails were being stored in the Outlook Data Folder sent box instead of the account the email was sent from. This caused other email clients to perceive the emails as missing and unable to access the emails stored in the Outlook Data Folders sent box.
To work around this, I created a new rule to move all messages sent from the account sending email from the sent box in the Outlook Data File to the IMAP folder of the account.
- First, go to the Outlook Data Files Sent Items folder then select any email sent from the desired email account.
- Then make sure to the From <Email Account> box is checked.
- Check the Move the item to folder box is checked then click on the* Select Folder* button.
- Set the desired email account folder destination for the rule, then click OK.
- Finally click on last OK button to create the rule.
- When prompted to run the rule against the current folder, go ahead and choose Yes.