Disable Google API Keys Missing Warning Message on Chromium
I recently installed Chromium on Windows 7 and 10 using chocolatey. However, every time I open Chromium I get a yellow warning box stating "Google API keys are missing. Some functionality of Chromium will be disabled".
I do not plan on using any Google related services, so I wanted to disable these messages from now on.
- Open Control Panel and go to System.
- Next go to Advanced system settings. In the Advanced tab, click on the Environment Variables button.
- In the System variables section, add the 3 following Environment Variables and values:
- GOOGLE_API_KEY: no
- GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_ID: no
- GOOGLE DEFAULT CLIENT_SECRET: no
- Log out and log back in for the changes to take effect.