Problem With QuickBooks 2012 Not Creating PDF Files Properly on Windows 8
I recently had a problem with QuickBooks 2012 not creating PDF files properly on Windows 8.1.
After trying to fix the problem with Intuit's PDF Repair Utility without any resolution, I found a guide for downgrading the XPS driver to the Windows 7 version.
Remove Current XPS Writer¶
- Press the [Win] + [R] keys to open a run menu, and type in
Control Panel, then press [Enter].
- Go to and right-click on and select Remove Device*.
Downgrade XPS Driver¶
- Download the Windows 7 XPS driver and extract it to
C:\xps-driveror a path that can be located easily.
NOTE: A copy of the driver has been included for posterity.
- From the window, click on Add a printer.
- Choose Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, then click Next.
- Choose Create a new port, and select Local Port, then click Next.
- Name the port XPS, the click Next.
- Click on Have Disk.
- Navigate to the folder and select prnms001.inf.
- Make sure the is Microsoft XPS Document Writer, then click Next.
- Reboot the system.