Setup Standard PayPal Payment Method in Magento
This is a simple guide on how I setup standard PayPal payments on Magento 1.9.
Setup Standard PayPal¶
- Log into the Magento admin interface, https://magento.example.com/admin
- Go to and click on Payment Methods.
- Click Configure in the section.
- Email Associated with PayPal Merchant Account: firstname.lastname@example.org
- API Authentication Methods: API Signature
- API Username: ••••••
- API Password: ••••••
- API Signature: ••••••
- Click on the Get Credentials from PayPal button to login and obtain the PayPal API credentials for the user account. Make sure to copy over the API username, password, and signature.
- In the Enable this Solution make sure to select Yes
- In the Payment Action field make sure to select Authorization.
- Click Save Config to apply the settings.
Once the production API connection has been setup, PayPal will be available at the checkout screen.