Setup Web Browser Password Management Using KeePass on Arch
This is a guide on how I setup KeePass with the keepasshttp plugin and chromeipass on Chrome/Chromium and passifox on Firefox. The keepass database is synchronized to my various clients using owncloud, but that is outside the scope of this guide.
Prepare the Environment¶
- Make sure the system is up to date:
sudo pacman -Syu
- Install keepass:
sudo pacman -S keepass wget
- Install the keepasshttp plugin:
wget https://raw.github.com/pfn/keepasshttp/master/KeePassHttp.plgx -O /usr/share/keepass/KeePassHttp.plgx
- Open KeePass for the plugin to compile.
Web Browser Integration¶
- Open Chrome/Chromium and go to and then click Get more extensions
- Search for ChromeIPass and the extension.
- When the extension installs, click the ChromeIPass icon and click , this will bring up the keepass database connection pairing setup.
- Open Firefox and go to
- Search for "PassIFox" and the addon, and restart Firefox when the addon finishes installing.
- After Firefox restarts, go to a website containing a login form. When the FoxIPass configuration pops up, click , this will bring up the keepass database connection pairing setup.